Contributing to Community
"Leduc has been home for my wife, Bonni and myself for over twenty-five years. We have a daughter, Jennifer, and two sons, John and Chris, all of whom are now adults and career professionals. Growing up in Leduc, they all participated and benefitted from the many opportunities our city has to offer. This experience has led me to deeply appreciate the importance of community, the need to promote recreational and cultural opportunities and the value of volunteerism. All residents want our City to provide the highest possible quality of life. My commitment, as Mayor, will be to ensure we progress towards the goal of becoming Canada's best city!"
Dave laces 'em up for Leduc!
Dave MacKenzie - Energy, Experience and Leadership
Community Engagement and Volunteerism
- Coach: Minor Hockey
- Supporter: Black Gold Health Foundation,
- Supporter: Rise Up Society
- Supporter: World Sledge Hockey
- Supporter: Canadian Ringette Championships
Community Financial Leadership
- Charity Fundraising: Raised $4500 for Boys & Girls Club of Leduc through Hand-Stand-a-thon Fundraiser
- Domestic Violence Fundraising: Coordinated raising $135K for Victims of Domestic Violence: 2008 - 2013
Community Organization Leadership
- Chairman/Founder: Leduc & District Emergency Shelter Association: 2007-2014
- Chairman: Leduc & District Food Bank: 1994-2008
Arts & Culture Involvement
- Volunteer reviewer for the Leduc Rep for the LeducDrama Society productions for the past four years
- Hosted the J.D.Turner Art display January 2017
- Author of Two novels; Undertow: 1999, Calypso 2015
- Supporter/Advocate for Stageworks
- Member: Maclab Society & Maclab Foundation Boards
- CHARTERED FINANCIAL PLANNER DESIGNATION
- BACHELOR OF ARTS (ECONOMICS)
- MANAGER,CIBC Leduc branch for fifteen years (30 years with CIBC
- AUTHOR of two novels 'CALYPSO' (2015) and 'UNDERTOW' (1999)
- SPEARHEADED several public initiatives which served as catalysts towards development of the LRC
“Dave is a person of principle"
“Dave is a person of principle and care. With his leadership, Leduc will continue to grow and flourish as a vibrant City. Vote Dave MacKenzie for Mayor.”
~ Tammy Bradley (Co-Foundr; Karma Concerts)
"Dave would be an outstanding choice for Mayor"
“I have known Dave MacKenzie for many years and have seen the energy and enthusiasm he puts into making Leduc a better place to live. With his experience on City Council and his vision for Leduc, I think Dave would be an outstanding choice for Mayor of Leduc.”
~ Marc Thibodeau (Leduc Insurance)
"He was always the first to volunteer at any event..."
“I have had the pleasure of knowing Dave for years and during that entire time I have seen firsthand how much he loves the Community of Leduc. He was always the first to volunteer at any event and come up with some incredible fundraiser ideas to help out varies non-profit groups within our community. To see how passionate Dave is regarding this city and its future is truly inspiring. I can’t wait to see what he does next!”
~ Kimberly Demchuk (Leduc Resident)
"Voting for Dave means dedication, commitment and positive changes.“
“I have known Dave for 25 years. He is very knowledgeable and a true professional. Dave has always been involved with the community making it better for downtown area and the City of Leduc. From a store owner’s view, Dave has worked hard with the downtown businesses to make it community-minded. Thanks for the great work, Dave! Voting for Dave means dedication, commitment and positive changes.“
~ Randy Szott
"He will make a great Mayor!"
"Dave has a great love for the City of Leduc and will guide our city with kindness and grace! He will make a great Mayor!"
~ Deanna Pottie-Hartling (Leduc Resident)
"high degree of community awareness"
“Dave McKenzie’s leadership skills and community involvement indicate a high degree of community awareness. Business dealings with Dave have been thoughtful and productive. He is a powerfully passionate, persistent and hard-working individual with high professional standards who won’t be deterred by contrary views – but rather he seeks them out – characteristics that make Dave a great choice for mayor”
~ Emma Pietroleonardo (Royal Hotel Group)